Makes 9 servings
- 120g (1 cup) chopped walnuts, optional
- 225g (1¼ cup) plain chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 75g (1/3 cup) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 25g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 40g (1/3 cup) corn starch
1. Preheat oven to 180C and grease a 20cm square glass pan.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the cornflour, cocoa powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk by hand until well blended.
3. Place butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs into a blender, put on medium setting and blend until well blended.
4. Pour mixture into dry ingredients, add chocolate chips and walnuts, and stir together to combine.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
6. If desired, dust brownies with powdered sugar prior to serving.