Top ten Gardening tips for Autumn
- Autumn is a good time of year to do those jobs youve been putting off because it was too hot, such as the garden furniture, installing a water feature and paving the terrace.
- Keep autumns gift of fallen leaves and add them to your compost.
- Plant the last spring-flowering bulbs, such as daffodils, hyacinths, tulips.
- Fertilise your lawn for winter vigour.
- Weed and rake your garden to stop pests harbouring during winter.
- Plant annuals, such as cinerarias, polyanthus, primulas or pansies, for winter colour.
- Prepare your soil for planting new trees, shrubs and roses.
- For a fresh supply of vegetables, plant onions, silverbeet, snowpeas, cabbage or lettuce.
- Reduce watering of indoor plants in cooler months
- Enjoy the seasonal beauty of autumn in your garden.