Chicken, Cashew and Carrot Curry
Preparation 20 minutes
Cooking 5 hours
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
- 2 carrots, thickly sliced
- 165ml light coconut milk
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½cup roasted cashews, plus a small handful extra
- handful roughly chopped coriander (cilantro)
1. Trim off all the fat from the chicken and discard. Cut each thigh in half, then refrigerate until needed.
2. Heat your slow cooker to High.
3. Combine the carrots, coconut milk, onions, garlic, ginger, chilli, ground coriander, fennel seeds, turmeric and salt in the bowl of the slow cooker. Cover and cook for three hours,stirring every hour.
4. Working quickly to avoid losing too much heat, add the chicken and cashews. Cover and cook for two hours until the chicken is cooked through and the carrots are tender.
5. Stir in the chopped coriander and scatter with the extra cashews.