Pasta Salad with Olive and Walnut Pesto
- 500g whole meal pasta spirals
- 2 handfuls baby English spinach
- Flaked or grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Chili flakes, to taste
Olive and walnut pesto
- 1/2 cup (90g) green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (60g) walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
2. For the pesto, combine the chopped olives and walnuts with the garlic, mint, miso paste and lemon juice in a large mortar and pestle or food processor and bash or blitz until you have a coarse paste. Loosen the pesto with the olive oil.
3. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup (60ml) of the cooking water. Stir the pesto through the warm pasta, adding a little of the cooking water if it looks dry. Fold the spinach through the pasta, season to taste and top with the parmesan and chili flakes. Serve immediately or pop in the fridge for up to two days.