Raw Spicy Avocado Soup with Pistachio Salsa Verde
Pre: 5-10 minutes
Cooking: 5 minutes
- 2 avocados, skin and pips removed
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp. miso paste
- 1 tsp. fresh chilli, chopped finely
- 1 tsp. cumin, ground
- 1 tsp. coriander, ground
- ½ tsp. honey
Nut Salsa Verde ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. pepitas, crushed
- 2 tbsp. pistachios, crushed
- ½ cup fresh coriander, washed, stems removed, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 garlic glove crushed
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. In a food processor add all the soup ingredients and blend until smooth.
2. Place all the salsa verde ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
3. Serve the soup in shot glasses or bowls with a little nut salsa verde on top.
This recipe was provided by Zoe Bingley-Pullin for Meat Free Week 2019. The campaign runs from 23-29 September in support of Bowel Cancer Australia. Visit meatfreeweek.org to sign up.