- 200g freshest sushi-grade tuna
- Juice of a lime
- Sea salt flakes
- 5 small red Asian shallots, finely sliced
- 1-2 red bird’s eye chillies, seeded and finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted but not hot
- Handful lemon or Thai basil leaves
- Handful wok-fried peanuts or roasted peanuts, lightly crushed
1. Cut the tuna into roughly 1cm cubes.
2. In a bowl, make a dressing by combining the lime juice, salt, shallots and chillies. Whisk in the melted coconut oil and taste for seasoning.
3. Toss the tuna with the dressing, then mix in the lemon basil leaves. Scatter over the crushed peanuts and serve at once.