Top Ten Gardening Tips for June
All your gardening tips for June
- Clean out your gutters and drains before winter rains.
- Check all pruning tools to make sure theyre clean and sharp.
- Transplant small shrubs that may have been put in the wrong place.
- Mulch your garden to a depth of 5 cms. to protect surface roots from cold, westerly winds. Keep the mulch away from plant stems.
- Brighten up dull days with the cheerful, yellow flowers of French marigolds, Golden flax or Carolina jasmine.
- Enjoy the wonderful, winter fragrance of Daphne, Luculia or French lavender.
- Delight in the fabulous fruits of the Coral berry, Queensland laurel or Golden dewdrop.
- Grow plants with vibrant foliage, such as Cordyline, Bloodleaf or New Zealand flax, for year-round interest in your garden.
- Bring colour and beauty into your home with Cyclamen, Begonia or Orchid blooms.
- Watch the form of deciduous trees being revealed as their framework is silhouetted against the sky.