Think Local: Year One in Numbers
Last month, we celebrated Think Local's first birthday and, according to both users and advertisers, it has laid the foundations for rich rewards for both local businesses and consumers.
When we relaunched the website, our vision was clear - to turn locals into loyal customers (read last month's article here to understand we are achieving this). According to our advertisers and online users alike, Think Local has already realised the goal.
In that one year, we saw:
- Number of local businesses promoting their content on Think Local increase by 107%
- Online transactions increase by 178%
- Monthly transaction value increase by over 200% (compared to the same month in the previous year)
As we do not take any commission on the sales generated through Think Local, that's twice the revenue going straight into our advertisers' bank accounts. In one case, an advertiser attracted over 300 customers in two months, which saw a 6,000% return on their two-month advertising spend.
How Do Our Users Rate Us?
Last month, our online users completed a user survey and here are some of the results:
- 81% of users have referred the local business to at least one friend or family member
- 90% of users have (or intend to) return to the local business to pay full price
- 70% of the users rated their Think Local experience between 8/10 and 10/10
- 89% rated their experience with the local business as 'Excellent' or 'Very Good'
- 70% of users visit Think Local at least once a week
What Do Our Users Say?
- “Excellent way to know what’s going on locally.”
- “One stop shop for the local community.”
- “Great offers from local businesses.”
- “Great way to try new businesses, especially restaurants.”
- “I look forward to checking out what’s in the email every time I receive it.”
During August, we also launched our Platinum and Gold Packages, which are designed to work with your company website, Google My Business listing and Google Adwords advertising to help leverage new business through Google search.
We now have five business packages available in Think Local, which vary from online listings starting at $96 per year. Packages that include online, print, email and social media coverage start at just $165 per month.
To find out more about our Think Local advertising opportunities, click here. To speak to a member of our team, call 9905 6011 or email email@example.com
What Our Advertisers Say
- “I started advertising with Think Local to increase my clientele. The business was at a stagnant point and I really needed to do something about it. Since then, my clientele has increased dramatically and we have seen a 100% increase.” Famous Hair, Collaroy
- “I am really happy with the results we get from Think Local. I would recommend it to any large or small businesses. A lot of our new customers said they always shop on Think Local.” Red Nose Kids Cuts, Manly
- “The results I have received from Think Local have been great. The entire reason I started advertising with Think Local was to target the local community and let them know that I am here. I would definitely recommend Think Local to any business looking to advertise to locals.” Cheeky Monkeys Play House, Warriewood
- “In general, the experience has been good! So far, so good for us as we are aiming to put our restaurant name out there in the local community.” Yak & Yeti, Neutral Bay
- “Think Local has brought us new customers for sure. With our deal being 2-for-1 and selling over 150, that's over 300 customers coming through the door in just three months!” Braza Churrascaria, Manly