Information provided through a competition is shared with third party providers. They and Think Local may use this information for marketing purposes. Remember you are able to unsubscribe to any third party emails that you receive.
CUSTOMERS | FAQ
Under every Competition listed on Think Local you will find a green 'Terms & Conditions’ link. Click on that link to read the terms and conditions specific to that Competition.
There are situations where imposition of a cancellation fee may not be considered fair or reasonable. Businesses must comply with national unfair contract terms laws.
These laws protect consumers against contract terms that are unfair, for example:
- Because they make you liable for something that is outside your control;
- Charge your credit card without giving you notice or an opportunity to dispute the charge; or
- Make attempts to charge you the full cost of your appointment, irrespective of your reason for late cancellation
If there is a crisis (such as flood or bush fire) or other circumstances beyong your control which prevent you from cancelling your appointment with sufficient notice, this is known as 'frustration of the contract' since the contract con no longer be performed.
Think Local, however, will request evidence to support the 'frustration of the contract'.
We use Paypal to protect your personal information. The information that you fill in when complating a purchase through Paypal must match that of your Credit/Debit card. If you are having trouble completing a purchase, there is every chance that your information is not the same as your Credit/Debit card. If some of the Paypal information fields are confusing you, see the definitions:
- Country: The country that you are in right now. Inevitably it's Australia
- Card Number: The long number on your Credit/Debit card. Don't add in any spaces
- Payment Type: This should be highlighted once you've added your card number. If it hasn't click your card type.
- Expiry Date: The expiry date as shown on your Credit/Debit card, in the following format MM YY
- CVV: This is the last three digits on the back of your card. Around the signature strip
- First Name: Your full first name as it appears on your bank records
- Midle Name: You don't have to fill this in
- Last Name: Your full surname as it appears on your banking records
- Unit Number or Building Name and Level: This should be the number of your unit or the of your building as it appears on your banking records
- Street Number: This is the number of your block or house as it appears on your banking details
- Street Name: This is the name of your street as it appears on your banking records. Note, you do not have to add in the Street/Lane/Road/Drive if that appears on your address, that's for the line below. E.g. If you live on Pittwater Road your street name is 'Pittwater'. No need to add the word 'Road'
- Street Type: Enter the type of Street that appears in your address. This could be a Street, Drive, Road, Lane. E.g. If you live on Pittwater Road, your Street Type is 'Road'
- Suburb or City: The name as it appears on your bank records
- State: Select the State that appears on your bank records
- Postcode: Add the postcode which appears on your bank records
- Phone number: Chose between your Home/Mobile/Work and then enter your number. If should be 10 digits long if it's an Australia phone number
- Email: enter your email address which you would like your Deal voucher to be sent to
Yes. We use Paypal to protect your personal information. If you have a Paypal account, you can login to that account during the transaction process. If you don't have a Paypal account, and don't want one, you can complete the purchase by using your Credit or Debit card.
Having trouble with Paypal - it's very simple, when you know what to do:
1. Click the ‘Buy Now’ button on the Deal page.
2. Select how many Deals you would like to purchase on the ‘Deals Checkout’ page, UPDATE CART.
3. Enter Personal Details then CHECKOUT,
4. You will be redirected to the Paypal site. You can pay as a 'Guest' using your debit or credit card or you can sign-in to your Paypal account.
Think Local accepts payments only through PayPal debit or credit card. PayPal offer a secure and safe site for all personal details.
If you didn’t receive an email or need to print the voucher again follow these steps to access your Think Local account to view your voucher:
- Login to your Think Local account with your username and password
- Click “my account” at the top right of the page
- View the deal you want to print and click “view details”
- Download Voucher
- Print and enjoy!
I need additional Help
You will receive our newsletter once a week. The day is not set in stone, but it's generally early on a Saturday morning.
If for any reason you wish to unsubscribe, you can do so by clicking the 'Unsubscribe' button at the bottom of our weekly email.
Think Local has an email sign-up widget on the right hand side of every page. It's an image of an envelope - just click on that symbol and you will see the sign-up widget. Can't go wrong!
There can be a number of reasons that you cannot log in. Passwords and user names are case sensitive, so we recommend ensuring the caps lock is off and trying to log in again. If this still denies you access, reset your password. If past this point you cannot log in, you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a query about the product or service you are purchasing the best point of contact is the Merchant. You can find their contact details on the Deals page. If you have a question regarding payment, delivery of the voucher, or any terms and conditions you can contact us by emailing email@example.com
We're sorry to hear that you've had an issue with your voucher. Please be sure to check the Terms and Conditions of your deal, on the Deal page prior to making the purchase. If the restrictions that the Merchant has imposed on this voucher are not stated within the Fine Print section on the Deal page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org we would be more than happy to help!
Some of the most valuable information about your Deals, Promotions, Events & Competitions can be found in the Terms and Conditions, including any expiration dates or restrictions, no magnifying glass needed. All Terms and Conditions are clearly listed on the respective Deal, Promotion or Event page, just to the right of the image. You'll see a Tab which reads 'Fine Print'.
We know you're busy so we always try to give a long enough period to redeem any of the Deals you purchase. The actual expiration date for each of our deals varies but can always be found in the Terms and Conditions on the Deal page, and on your voucher.
Once your Deal purchase is complete, you will receive an email with your unique voucher attached, which will include a unique voucher number. This voucher can also be found in your 'My Account' section of the website.
Once you have opened up you voucher, you can print the voucher, save it to your computer or save it to your iBooks app within your iPhone or iPad to keep it handy.
Please do read the information on your voucher first, as you may be required to make a booking in advance. We always recommend that you tell the Merchant that you are using a Think Local voucher when you make your booking. Simply show that voucher to the Merchant to redeem your Deal upon arrival.
You are only required to complete a transaction when purchasing a Deal.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Find the Deal(s) that you would like to purchase
- Click the 'Buy Now' button - this will take your through to you Cart
- Browse again if you would like to add more Deals to your Cart
- Once you're happy with your selection, click the 'Checkout' button
- Proceed to Paypal and follow the instructions
Unfortunately not. If you forget to use your voucher or your voucher expires, you are not entitled to a refund. You can contact the Merchant and see if they will honour the voucher, however, they are not obligated to.
Yes – you are offered a cooling off period within the first 7 days of your purchase, but we're sure you won't change your mind!
If you do change your mind within 7 days, we'll give you a full refund - no questions asked!
Please email us at email@example.com to be issued a refund. Be sure to include your purchase number and/or voucher number.