North Sydney Council
The North Sydney local government area is located on the foreshore of Sydney Harbour and comprises two CBDs, several thriving village centres, residential areas and expansive parks and bushland.
There are 68,000 people living in the North Sydney lga and more than half the population is aged between 25 and 50. Many are attracted to the area for its employment opportunities and its excellent services and facilities.
North Sydney Council provides a range of services to support the living, built, social and economic environments. Its services include:
- providing community facilities such as Stanton Library, the Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability, the Crows Nest, Kirribilli, North Sydney, Neutral bay and McMahons Point Community Centres
- providing recreational facilities such as the North Sydney Olympic Pool, North Sydney Oval, and Cammeray, Primrose, Forsyth, St Leonards and Tunks Parks
- hosting events that bring the community together including Spring into Jazz, the Children’s Festival, Art along the Boardwalk and the North Sydney Art Prize
- managing planning and development
- providing essential services such as waste collection, street cleaning and road and footpath maintenance
North Sydney is progressive, vibrant and diverse. The Council is committed to ensuring the area is recognised for its excellence in innovation, business and sustainability.