Messenger, Murray, Picello Pty Ltd
Messenger, Murray, Picello Pty Ltd (MMP), with clients in the Manly, Warringah and Pittwater areas of Sydney’s Northern Beaches as well as the Central Coast, are a well-respected team of dedicated professionals.
"We are a public accounting practice, tax agent, business consultants and tax consultants. We also offer mortgage broking services, financial planning and personal risk insurance services,"says Managing Director, Carolyn Peters.
Using state-of-the-art technology MMP in Manly provide a range of business management and taxation services to:
- Small to Medium Business
- Self-Managed Superannuation Funds
MMP help manage your business with:
- Honesty And Integrity - "We are passionate about quality and doing it right."
- Open Communication - "We take the time to listen to our clients and translate observations into practical, useful, clear and simple recommendations to help our clients prosper and grow."
- ·A Team Of Experts - "We guarantee great personal service from our tight-knit, dedicated team of professionals."
- Proven History Of Success - "We have been providing quality advice and exceptional service to our many clients for over 25 years."
What MMP can do for you
MMP provide a comprehensive range of accounting and taxation services that will give you the confidence to develop your business. Their services include:
|Business Services||Specialist Services||Tax and Audit|
Cash Flow Forecasting
|Acquisitions and MergersCompany Secretary
Selling a Business
With poor financial management still the main cause of small-business failure, advice from an accountant is important, as it can help your business to:
1. Understand where you stand financially
2. Control costs and improve cash flow
3. Make informed decisions that can boost revenue and improve profitability
MMP’s accountancy services are helping clients all over the Northern Beaches take the stress out of their statutory requirements. Many business owners are busy building their business and don’t have time to attend to the administration of their accounts. MMP help you to make the accountancy process as pain free as possible and work with you to understand your requirements, systems and processes, such as:
- Compliance with tax laws and reporting, such as GST and PAYE
- Tax-minimisation strategies
- Establishment of bookkeeping systems
- Better cash flow management
- Professional preparation of financial statements and budgets
- Advice on restructuring and growing a business
- Management of Australian Tax Office (ATO) reviews and audits
Taxation Services and Advice
Taxation can be a major cost to your business. The fast pace of legislative change and the potentially severe penalties for non-compliance means that navigating tax issues can be challenging. Getting the correct advice will make a significant difference to your business.Messenger Murray Picello Pty Ltd offers a full range of taxation services and their taxation consulting division is nationally recognised.
They will work with you to minimise your tax and help you achieve your key objectives. MMP can provide you with advice that is technically accurate, practical and business oriented to include: ·
Preparation and lodgement ofbusiness activity statements (BAS)
BAS preparation can be overwhelming and many small and medium sized business owners find it both more cost-effective and time-saving to employ a tax accountant experienced in BAS accounting rather than tackle the task themselves.
Business activity statements are used to report a number of taxes including GST, pay as you go (PAYG) instalments, PAYG withholding and Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT).
According to the Australian Taxation Office up to 80 per cent of BAS statements are incorrectly completed. Mistakes on this form can be costly and time-consuming to correct so it is important to seek expert assistance. This is where MMP can help.
The GST system is a complex and confusing one. For this reason MMP ensures their staff are continually up to date on the changes, and able to offer you accurate advice.
MMP has experience with GST issues and are able to offer expert advice on the implications of GST for your business. The GST related services they offer include, but are not limited to:
- Advice on registering for GST
- Filing and adjusting GST returns
- ATO audit assistance
Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) is a tax you pay on certain benefits you provide to your employees or your employees' associates (typically family members) in place of, or as well as, salary or wages.
FBT is separate from income tax and is based on the taxable value of the various fringe benefits you have provided.
You may be providing a fringe benefit when you do any of the following:
1. allow an employee to use a work car for private purposes
2. give an employee a low interest loan
3. pay an employee's private health insurance costs
4. provide cleaning services for an employee's private residence
5. reimburse an expense your employee has incurred
6. provide entertainment by way of food, drink or recreation to an employee ·
Advice on, and implementation of, tax effective trust structures for asset protection and tax minimisation
A Trust or Company may provide a valuable way to protect the assets you have accumulated for the benefit of others (typically family members). Messenger, Murray, Picello’s extensive experience with trusts and Companies enables them to offer specialist advice on the correct entity formation and ensures all statutory requirements are met. MMP can assist with:
1. Preparing and executing the vital documentation required for entity formation
2. Attending to the special requirements involved in reporting for Trusts and Companies
3. Completing the Trust administration:
4. Minute-keeping service
5. Annual accounts
7. Asset management
8. Investment monitoring
9. Income distribution ·
Managing ATO audits or disputes
A tax enquiry or audit is an examination of your tax affairs by the ATO to see if you have done what you are required to do under the tax laws, including whether you:
1. have declared all the assessable income you receive
2. are entitled to the deductions and tax offsets you have claimed on your tax return
The enquiries or audits the ATO conduct vary in their complexity. Sometimes they only involve a phone call or a letter asking you to provide further information or verify your claims. In some cases a tax officer may visit you. In other cases you may be asked to take all your records for examination.
If you receive notification of a tax audit, minimise the potential impact on your business by getting accounting help. MMP will manage the process professionally and efficiently and ensure you comply with the relevant tax laws.
Think of business consulting as a health check for your business to help improve performance, reduce costs, and increase productivity.
MMP offer a range of business consulting and advisory services such as:
1. Debt Collection
2. Business Plan Preparation
3. Cash flow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts
Their team of business consultants will work with you to develop action strategies that improve your bottom line.Their aim is to ensure your business achieves the potential it is capable of. They have the know-how and experience to offer advice that helps you run your business more effectively by checking that your business is as competitive, focused, and as profitable as it can be, then offer flexible strategies, designed to address the issues affecting your business.
Business Start up
If you have a great idea for a new business venture you need to ensure you have a clear strategy and strong financial controls. - It’s a fact that poor financial control results in around a third of small businesses failing.
The strategic abilities of an accountant can help you to examine your business ideas and evaluate profit potential, manage growth successfully and minimise business tax.
The team of accountants at MMP Pty Ltd can help you start up a business and run it with confidence. Their in-depth knowledge, technical expertise and commercial insight can ensure that you make the best decisions from the outset. They can help you to:
- Decide on the most suitable structure for your business — Sole trader, partnership, or limited company
- Prepare a business plan, cash flow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts
- Assess your finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals
- Establish a good working relationship with your bank
- Register for an Australian Business Number with the ATO
- Complete registration procedures with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- Deal with company secretarial issues
- Set up a recording system for your internal use and for complying with statutory requirements
- Offer insurance advice
Self-managed Super Funds
Self-managed super funds (SMSFs) are now the largest and fastest growing segment of the super industry.
Self-managed super funds (SMSFs) allow people to control their own super investments for their retirement. If you set one up, you're responsible for running it in accordance with the law and reporting to the ATO on its operation.
For trustees of SMSFs, managing your own fund and getting it right is very important. There are many rules and regulations in the various laws that govern super that are designed to protect your retirement income. As a trustee, you need to adhere to the rules and know that you are ultimately responsible for the running of the fund.
One of the advantages of self-managed super funds is that you can invest directly in residential property through your super.
Owning a residential investment property within your SMSF can be significantly more tax effective than investing in a property in your personal name.
At Messenger Murray Picello Pty Ltd they provide the professional advice you need to set up your own fund and greatly simplify the process for you. All clients have access to their SMSF’s through the MMP secure website and they will assist you to:
- Obtain a trust deed
- Appoint trustees
- Sign a trustee declaration (NAT 71089)
- Elect to become a regulated fund
- Obtain a tax file number (TFN)
- Obtain an Australian business number (ABN)
- Purchase property using your SMSF
Financial Planning, Mortgage Broking and Loan Services, Personal Risk Insurances
MMP are committed to offering their clients mortgage broking, personal and business insurance and financial planning solutions.
Whether you need equipment or vehicle finance or a business or commercial loan, they can help you make the right decision. They are available to assist you to select product that suits your requirement and goals andhave access to numerous loan products from their panel of banks and lenders.
Their mortgage broking services include:
- Home loans
- Investment loans
- Vehicle and equipment loans
- Business and commercial loans
- Reverse mortgages
Appropriate Insurance cover can help an individual or business to provide for expenses or cover the damage caused from known and unknown risks within any activity. No Cover or inadequate cover can cause you or your business to suffer huge losses in times of situations happening beyond your control.
MMP’s range of insurance services includes:
- Public liability Insurance
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Business Risk Cover
- Keyman Insurance
- Product and Property Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Building Insurance
MMP’s vision is to build a successful long term and valuable relationship with you in reaching your financial goals and in doing so offer the following financial planning services:
- Life Products - Investment Life Insurance Products
- Life Products - Life Risk Insurance Products
- Estate planning
- Deposit Products
- Debentures, Stocks or Bonds issued by Government
- Interests in Managed Investment Schemes
Would you trust anyone to help manage your business?
The answer to this question is probably no, so Managing Director, Carolyn Peters explains why you should choose Messenger Murray Picello Pty Ltd to help with accounting, tax, business management, mortgage broking and insurance needs for your small to medium business.
"We are a very efficient, hands on and practical style accounting practice that offers a very personal service and we pride ourselves in knowing our clients and their situations extremely well."
"We don’t just sit in an office and crunch numbers. We are very hands on and like to deal with clients outside of our office in their own situations. This gives us a much better understanding of their goals and whole life situations."
"We like to see and experience the actual business site to understand how our clients businesses trade, meet staff and conduct training if required on site. This also gives us a chance to analyse financials on a quarterly basis allowing us to be more proactive with the client during the year."
"We specialise in the use of MYOB and all our staff are very efficient in all facets of its use .We pride ourselves in our ability to be able to help clients on the spot either over the phone or by using technology to access their computers in their own premises."
MMP are a well-respected team of dedicated professionals offering quality, price, reliability, innovation and service. They have a range of clients in the Manly, Warringah and Pittwater areas of Sydney’s northern beaches as well as the Central Coast.
Messenger, Murray, Picello Pty Ltd
Level 1, 10 Pittwater Road
Manly on the Northern Beaches