Why Jane Iredale® – The Skin Care Makeup
- Combines the most up-to-date colours with skincare benefits that conventional makeups can only envy.
- Keeps life simple. A foundation, concealer, powder and sunscreen all in one.
- So safe and beneficial to use – recommended by plastic surgeons and dermatologists throughout the world.
- Highly sophisticated blend of minerals and pigments that are micro-pulverized, using proprietary technology and processes, to form microscopic flat particles. These particles overlap each other on the skin to form a filter that allows the skin to breathe and function normally while still protecting it from airborne pollutants.
- The staying power is so great that they rarely need a touch up during the day.
- They are very water-resistant and won’t crease or smear even during the most strenuous exercise. Rated by an FDA approved lab.
- Not formulated with FD & C dyes.
- Do not use nano-particle sizes.
- No chemical preservatives like parabens, no fillers like talc, no synthetic fragrances.
- Non-comedogenic. Will not block the pores.
- Broad-spectrum UVB and UVA protection up to SPF20. UVA tested at High.
- Ingredients with anti-inflammatory properties that help to calm and soothe irritated skin.
- Complete coverage for skin conditions like acne, rosacea and redness following chemical peels and laser resurfacing.
- Composed of inert minerals that cannot support bacteria.
- All products have been sensitivity tested. No products have been tested on animals.
jane iredale® logo, text, graphics and photo images:
Copyright© 2004 by Iredale Mineral Cosmetics, Ltd.
All rights reserved. Used by permission.
glo minerals ™ MAKEUP
- Uniquely formulated utilizing only the finest pharmaceutical-grade ingredients and micronized minerals in a triple-milled process ensuring that every application provides even continuous coverage that lasts.
- High-pigment minerals, and an advanced anti-oxidant complex of Vitamin A, C, and E and green tea extract.
- Provides broad-spectrum UVA and UVB sun protection using effective properties of natural minerals including micronised titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.
- Suitable for the most sensitive skins - free of perfumes, dyes and talc.
- Every product is non-comedogenic so skin can breathe - helps inhibit the potential for bacteria to become trapped.
- Embraced by dermatologists, plastic surgeons and skincare professionals. Ideal for use after chemical and laser procedures.
The above logo and text is used with permission by glo minerals™
What is it about mineral makeups that make them so much better?
Firstly let’s look at the main ingredients in mineral makeup – mica, zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. These ingredients have been in cosmetics for years so what’s the difference in today’s mineral makeups:
- Supposed to be free of binders, synthetic dyes, fragrances and preservatives so they are considered to be more pure so therefore more beneficial to the skin than traditional cosmetics.
- Beneficial to those suffering problem skins (e.g. acne and rosacea) due to the anti-inflammatory properties of titanium and oxides.
- Non-comedogenic (will not clog the pores) and true mineral makeup is free of synthetic chemical and preservatives so is wonderful for those that have sensitive skins.
- Easy to apply and long wearing.
- Sun protection – usually SPF15.
However, not all mineral makeups are created equal
Information you should know before purchasing
- There is no regulation. Any mineral makeup that contains minerals as their principal ingredient can be marketed as a mineral makeup even though they could contain many other not so natural ingredients.
- Nano -particles. Mineral makeup is also known for its smooth finish and natural look. To get this finish the minerals are milled into microscopic particles. Some manufacturers mill to nano-particle size. There is concern that when zinc and titanium are ground to nano-particle size their properties change leaving them with toxic properties. According to the Environmental Working Group there are health concerns about both the applying of nano-particles to the skin, particularly problem skins, and the inhalation of nano-particles.
- Bismuth oxycholoride. This is a by-product of lead and copper processing and gives some mineral makeups that beautiful glow. Although lead and copper minerals are found naturally in the earth, not so the by-product Bismuth oxycholoride, which is used as a filler in some mineral makeups. Bismuth oxycholoride is a skin irritant that can cause itching, rashes and cystic acne if used in large amounts. If you have sensitive or a problem skin avoid mineral makeups that contain Bismuth oxycholoride however small amounts may not cause a reaction but you won’t know until you try.