WEBSITE TERMS OF USAGE
Site Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to your use of Think Local. By using this website you agree to be bound by all of these terms and conditions.
The site is made available for personal use only. You may not use the Site, the Directory contained on the Site or any other part of the site and its contents for any commercial purpose (other than for the adding to or correcting of information contained in the Directory). Any commercial use requires prior written approval from Think Local.
Think Local may modify, suspend or discontinue the site or services on the site from time to time in its absolute discretion.
You agree that you will not use the site to directly or indirectly:
- Conduct surveys, send junk email, spam or any other duplicative or unsolicited;
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk or threaten others;
- Publish or distribute any defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services;
- Collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message;
- Transmit or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful or deleterious computer programs;
- Transmit or upload any computer programs or other material in breach of any intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or any other applicable laws;
- Interfere with or disrupt networks connected to this site or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the computer systems or networks connected to Think Local, through password mining or any other means;
Think Local maymonitor, review, retain and/or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
In the event the Think Local business or company is sold to a third party, you grant Think Local the right to transfer your personal information to that third party. You agree that Think Local will not be required to obtain your prior consent or approval or to notify you of such a transfer.
Third Party Links
We make no representation or warranty that any content on Think Local is accurate, complete, appropriate, reliable or timely. We also make no representation or warranty that your access to and use of Think Local will be uninterrupted, secure, error-free, free of viruses or unauthorised code or other harmful components. We strive to provide valuable and accurate information. However, in view of the possibility of error by the authors, editors, or publishers of the works contained in Think Local neither we nor any other party involved in the preparation of material contained in Think Local represents or warrants that the information contained therein is in every respect accurate or complete, and they assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such material. You are encouraged to confirm the information contained therein with other sources.
Consumers reading articles or other material posted on Think Local should review the information carefully. The information is not intended in any way to be a substitute for professional advice
Any information that is published on the website about particular goods and services is based on information supplied by Merchants and other third parties. Think Local will not be held liable for the publication of any inaccuracies or errors in information relating to goods and services that it has received from Merchants and other third parties.
You accept that it is your responsibility to make your own enquiries and to verify information provided on the website in order to assess the suitability of goods and services prior to purchase.
To the extent permitted by law, Think Local, its employees and agents shall have no liability (including liability by reason of negligence) to any person for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred or arising as a result of any information, whether by reason of any error, omission or misrepresentation in the information or for any action taken by any person in reliance upon the information.
The information contained in this website is copyright and is not to be displayed without the prior written permission of Think Local.
Buying a Deal
The promotion of any Deals or Events on the website or in email communications you receive from Think Local does not constitute an offer to sell. It is an invitation to treat only.
By completing a payment for a Deal via PayPal you are making a commitment to the respective purchase. In addition you accept the specific Terms explained in the voucher and any other terms and conditions set out.
The Voucher must then be presented to the Merchant to redeem the Deal. You acknowledge and agree that the Merchant, and not Think Local, is the provider of the goods or services and is solely responsible for honouring the respective Voucher presented by you. Think Local is not liable or responsible for any loss suffered as a result of a Voucher not being honoured by the merchant.
It's important to us that you are completely satisfied with your Deal or Think Local Package purchase. This page summarizes our current refund policies in effect. We always want you to be happy with your Think Local experience.
Cooling Off Period
We offer a cooling off period within the first 7 days of any purchase on Think Local. If you change your mind, within 7 days from purchase we’ll give you a refund. No questions asked. Please email us at email@example.com to be issued a refund. Be sure to include your voucher code.
Merchant Not Honouring The Deal?
If you have trouble redeeming a deal voucher or you believe the deal has not been honoured as advertised check the Terms and Conditions of your deal. If the restrictions that the merchant has imposed on this voucher are not stated in the Terms and Conditions on the deal please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we believe that your complaint is justified we will contact the merchant on your behalf or even refund the deal value. (please refer to deal expired)
Each deal has an expiry date. You will find this printed in the T&C’s and on the voucher. You must use your voucher by this date. Some merchants may still accept your voucher after expiry, so give them a call and try your luck!
We are unable to refund a deal where the deal has expired or the complaint has been received after the expiry date.
Lodging a Complaint
To lodge a complaint email us at email@example.com. Be sure to include your voucher code. Any complaint received after the voucher expiry date will not be accepted. Only complaints received and acknowledged via email will be accepted.
Business has Closed
You will promptly get a refund, provided you contact us no later than 1 day after the voucher expiry date.
Limitation of Liability
Think Local will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or damage which may be suffered or incurred by you or which may arise either directly or indirectly or in respect of your use of the site. To the extent permitted by law Think Local shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the site, with the delay or inability to use the site, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the site, or otherwise arising out of the use of the site, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if Think Local has been advised of the possibility of damages. Without limitation, Think Local will not be liable to you for losses arising directly or indirectly from any:
- Failure by Think Local to provide the site;
- For any corruption to or loss of data;
- Errors or interruption to the site;
- Defects, faults or viruses;
- Changes, suspension or discontinuance of the site;
- Failure to make any changes or improvements to the site;
- Use or results of the use of the site or the materials made available as part of the site which are not correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable;
- Threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal content or conduct of any other party or any infringement of another’s rights, including intellectual property rights;
- Content sent using and/or included in the site by any third party; or
- Contractual or other relationship you enter into with any advertiser appearing on Think Local.
Exclusion of Warranties
The Trade Practices Act and similar State and Territory Legislation in Australia may confer rights and remedies on you in relation to the provision by Think Local of goods or services on the Network which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (“Non-excludable Rights”). Think Local does not exclude any Non-excludable Rights but does exclude all other conditions and warranties implied by custom, law or statute. Without limitation and excepting the Non-excludable Rights:
- Think Local makes no express representations about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness and accuracy of the site for any purpose. The site is provided “as is” and to the extent permitted by law, Think Local hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the site, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
- Think Local does not warrant or make any representation regarding your access to, or the results of your access to, the site (including any related or linked websites) or any content in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise.
You agree to indemnify and hold Think Local, officers and employees, harmless from any claims, actions, applications, arbitration, causes of action, complaints, costs, debts due, demands, terminations, enquiries, judgments and verdicts, at law, in equity or arising under any statute or award (including legal costs), by any third party due to or arising out of your use of or conduct on the site, including without limit:
- Your breach of these Terms & Conditions
- Your failure to comply with the Terms & Conditions.
Relationship with advertisers
Any dealings with any advertiser appearing on the site or participation in promotions, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and the Advertiser or other third party. Think Local is not responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions.
All Merchants have signed up to Think Local and have entered into a Think Local contract. The Merchants will have agreed to the terms and conditions by a) manually signing up to Think Local online, b) accepting a proposal electronically, or, c) manually signing a booking form. After 12-months, Think Local will contact all Merchants to ensure that they wish to continue on Think Local. Once a Merchant agrees to continue, they will move into the 'Follow On Period'.
The 'Follow On Period' simply means that the Merchant is not locked-in to a contract and can exit Think Local at any time.
The Merchant will be invoiced monthly and protected from any rate increases beyond annual CPI rise*. Cancellation just requires written confirmation with one month's notice.
*Annual CPI rise will be applied at the start of each financial year. The increase will be in line with the national CPI, and capped at a maximum of 4% rise
Think Local may amend these Terms of Usage
Think Local may amend the Terms & Conditions or policies regarding the use of the site from time to time. Think Local will post any update[s] to the Terms & Conditions on this website. By continuing to use the Service, you agree to be bound by the amended Terms & Conditions.
All enquiries related to Think Local can be directed to PO Box 2025, North Curl Curl NSW 2099.
Think Local is owned by Active Networks Online and managed by Active Networks Pty Ltd